A Family Built on Deceit

A Family Built on Deceit



Jake and Jenna had been in a relationship for 8 years, ever since they met in high school. They fell in love quickly, and it wasn't long before they were living together and starting a family. Over the years, they had two beautiful children together, and Jake was convinced that he was the happiest man on earth.


But one day, something changed. Jenna had been acting strangely for a few weeks, and Jake couldn't put his finger on what was wrong. She seemed distant, cold, and he couldn't help but feel that she was pulling away from him. Then, one night, after putting the kids to bed, Jake asked Jenna what was going on.


At first, she hesitated, looking down at her feet before finally meeting his gaze. "I need to tell you something," she said. "And I don't think you're going to like it."


Jake felt his heart pounding in his chest as she spoke, her words a jumble of confusion in his mind. "What is it?" he asked.


"I don’t really love you," Jenna said, her voice low and sad. "I was in love with someone else, but he broke my heart, and I wanted to hurt him the way he hurt me. So I started dating you, and when we got serious, “I got pregnant to keep you around." “Two times though” Jake replied. 


Jake felt like the ground had dropped out from beneath him. He had no idea how to process what she was saying. "What about our kids?" he asked, trying to keep his voice calm.


"They were accidents," Jenna said. "I'm sorry, Jake. I never meant for it to happen like this."


Jake sat there, stunned, as Jenna got up and left the room. He didn't know what to do or where to go. His world had just fallen apart, and he was left alone to pick up the pieces.


Over the coming weeks and months, Jake struggled to come to terms with what had happened. He and Jenna eventually split up, and Jake started a new life with his children. But he could never shake the feeling that he had been lied to and used, and he couldn't help but feel bitter towards Jenna for what she had done.


In the end, he knew he had to move on. He couldn't spend his life dwelling on the past and what might have been. So he focused on the present and on the love he had for his children. And while he never forgot what happened, he knew that he could learn from it and use it to make himself a stronger, more resilient person in the end.

Wellington’s 3 Publishing’s

Wellington’s 3 Publishing’s presents Wellington’s Short Story Collection and Wellington Best Stories Writing is truly a labor of love for me and I take great pleasure in being able to create meaningful stories and to have them published. I look forward to sharing more of my work with the world in the coming years.

1 Comments

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form