"Scribbles or Soulmate: A Tale of Two Loves"

Choose between her and his writing



The clock was ticking and Sarah could feel her patience wearing thin. She sat across from Tre, her boyfriend of three years, staring at him expectantly.


"You know I love your writing, Tre. But I can't help feeling like it's become more important than our relationship."


Tre looked up from his notebook, the pencil still hovering over the blank page.


"What are you saying, Sarah?"


"I'm saying that I need you to choose. Your writing or our relationship. I can't keep competing with your notebook for your attention."


Tre's eyes widen and he set the notebook aside. "Sarah, I never realized it was affecting our relationship like this. I'm sorry." I always wanted to write it was a dream of mine since high school and you want me to choose. 


"It's okay. I just need to know where we stand."


Tre took a deep breath. "Writing has always been a part of me. It's how I express myself. But I don’t want to lose you over something that could help us in the future."


Sarah nodded, tears welling up in her eyes.


"I'm not asking you to give up your writing, Tre. I just need to feel like I'm a priority too."


Tre reached across the table and took Sarah's hand. "I promise to make more time for us. To find a balance between my writing and our relationship. I don't want to lose you either."


Sarah smiled through her tears. "Thank you, Tre. I believe in you."


They shared a warm embrace and Sarah knew in her heart that Tre's love for her was stronger than his love for his writing. They could overcome any obstacle together as long as they had each other.

Wellington 3 Publishing

Wellington 3 Publishing presents Wellington’s Short Story Collection and Wellington Best Stories Writing is truly a labor of love for us at Wellington 3 Publishing where we take great pleasure in being able to create meaningful stories and to have them published. Wellington 3 Publishing is looking forward to sharing more of our works with the world in the coming years.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form