“Wrong Contact, Wrong Impression” inside view

  

Family reunion-“Wrong Contact, Wrong Impression” inside view


The  next day at the Family Reunion


TOM, a young man in his late twenties, scrambles to find his phone, panicking after accidentally sending an inappropriate text to his family group chat. He sits alone in his studio apartment, walls with movie posters.


TOM: (thinking out loud) This is the worst! How could I have forgotten about the family reunion tomorrow?


His facial expressions explains everything as he reads the text that he sent to the family chat, an assortment of inappropriate texts that was supposed to be sent to his girlfriend. 

Tom picks up his phone, speed dialing his younger brother, ADAM. 


TOM: (excitedly) Adam, I might need your help little brother.


Adam can be heard over the phone, already amused by Tom's situation.


ADAM: (over phone) Let me guess...  It was you who accidentally sent the group chat a picture of your... you know?


TOM gulps, nods as he rambles on the phone.


TOM: Look, I was drinking last night, I lost track of time... I tried to delete it once I seen I didn’t send it to my girlfriend but to mom’s group chat. Did you see it? So don’t say it was me bro please. 


Adam bursts out laughing.


ADAM: Dude, seriously? Yes everybody in the group chat seen it big bro. I opened the text and went blind like Ray Charles. I don’t know if the group chatters know that’s it’s you though. We will know at the reunion.  And I’ll see you there big bro. I’m going to enjoy this. 



Tom walks into the family reunion the next day, everyone laughing and embracing. He feels uneasy as everyone starts to look his way. Immediately starts sweating unbuttoning his the top button for air. To make things worse his Aunt Margaret steps forward, waving her phone.


AUNT MARGARET: (teasing) Umm excuse me can I have everyone attention please, Look what I found!


She brings up the group chat. The inappropriate text flashes up on the screen, leaving the entire family silent before they burst into fits of laughter. Tom gulps, looking down at his feet, before seeing Adam snickering from the corner. 


ADAM: Now, who do we think sent that?


His grandmother steps forward, looking at the text and then looks around the room then at Tom, her expression a mix of amusement and surprise.


GRANDMA: I didn’t know what it was until Margaret said what it was I still needed my reading glasses to see. When I saw it I said poor baby now who would have the nerve to message that filth to Christian mingle chat line. Oh, lord I mean family group chat. 


Aunt Margaret: Hold up did she say chat…..what do you know about Christian chat line. I mean it wasn’t that much to see. Y’all get mad over small things all the time.


The room fills with laughter again, leaving Tom bewildered but relieved. His mother comes up to him.


MOM: I need to talk to you outside, Tom 


With soft smile on her face. 


MOM: But seriously Tom, keep those kind of pictures of you for you and your girlfriend eyes only. Don’t make that mistake again son ok?


TOM: Thanks for not ratting me out and I’ll be more careful next time. 

Wellington 3 Publishing

Wellington 3 Publishing presents Wellington’s Short Story Collection and Wellington Best Stories Writing is truly a labor of love for us at Wellington 3 Publishing where we take great pleasure in being able to create meaningful stories and to have them published. Wellington 3 Publishing is looking forward to sharing more of our works with the world in the coming years.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form