The Heart of a Writer

 

The Heart of a Writer


I remember the last relationship I was in. She was beautiful, funny and smart, or so I thought. We met at book and poetry night in the park, where I was performing my latest piece. She came up to me after the show, congratulating me on my performance, and asked if I wanted to grab a drink. That was the start of something I never could have imagined.


We started dating, and I found myself falling more and more in love with her every day. However, there was always something off about her. I could never put my finger on it, but it was there, lurking beneath the surface.


One night, I had a dream. In this dream, I was sitting at my desk, writing the next great American novel. As I typed away, my girlfriend appeared in the room. She was holding a baseball bat and began to smash everything in sight.


"Why in the world are you doing this?" I yelled at her, trying to protect my work.


"You're wasting your time with that stupid writing. Nobody is ever going to read your garbage," she yelled back at me.


I woke up sweating and gasping for air. It was just a dream, I told myself, but it stayed with me.


The next morning, I sat down at my desk and started to write. My girlfriend came in and asked me what I was doing.


"Writing," I replied.


"Still?" she asked, rolling her eyes. "I thought you would have given up on that stupid hobby by now."


I was in so much anger, but instead of getting upset, I just smiled.


"I'm not going to stop writing. In fact, that dream I had last night only encouraged me to write more. I'm going to stay focused and keep working until I achieve my goals," I said.


My girlfriend scoffed and walked out of the room. From that day forward, she would mock me whenever I talked about my writing or spent time at my desk. But I didn't let it get to me. Instead, I channeled all of that negativity into my work.


I now have over 100 short stories, with 60 of them published. Every time I write something new, I think back to that dream and remember why I started in the first place. It wasn't for fame or fortune, but because I had a story to tell and I still do till this day. 


In the end, that relationship didn't work out. But I learned a valuable lesson. Never let someone else's doubts or negativity stop you from pursuing your dreams. Stay focused, stay true to yourself, and never give up on what you believe in.

Wellington 3 Publishing

Wellington 3 Publishing presents Wellington’s Short Story Collection and Wellington Best Stories Writing is truly a labor of love for us at Wellington 3 Publishing where we take great pleasure in being able to create meaningful stories and to have them published. Wellington 3 Publishing is looking forward to sharing more of our works with the world in the coming years.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form