"An Uncomfortable Encounter on Day 7: Trash Duty Edition"

 

"An Uncomfortable Encounter on Day 7: Trash Duty Edition"






As I walked out of the hotel to take the trash to the dumpster, I could immediately tell it was 'Look for Woman Day'. It seemed like every first of the month and every single time I’m taking out the trash, there’s the same 3 men in their pickup trucks parked outside, patiently waiting for checkout time and for any woman to come out of the hotel. It was quite a peculiar sight to see, especially considering that one of the men had to have been in his 70s. Saying out loud I got crisped $100 bill waiting on her. He roared with laughter as I simply smiled and entered back into the hotel building.


The old man’s words echoed in my head as I headed back inside the hotel. Every time I took out the trash, there seemed to be the same men outside, eyeing the building patiently waiting. One of them said we do this all the time, you must be new. 


Old man #2:  its check out time yet? 


I wondered how many times these old men had been coming out here, It had almost become like a routine. An unlikely collection of dreamers and degenerates had been attracted to the hotel by something unknown.


I was reminded of what I was supposed to be doing - get back to work. I hoped that at least one of them would find something to satisfy his needs.

Wellington’s 3 Publishing’s

Wellington’s 3 Publishing’s presents Wellington’s Short Story Collection and Wellington Best Stories Writing is truly a labor of love for us at Wellington’s 3 Publishing’s where we take great pleasure in being able to create meaningful stories and to have them published. Wellington’s 3 Publishing’s is looking forward to sharing more of our works with the world in the coming years.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form